Friday, June 18, 2010

cool!

Threading a Needle No Problem for China's Armless Wonder
 Marc Hartzman
(June 16) -- A 65-year-old armless woman in China has been named the best embroiderer in her village. And while this seems like an unimaginable achievement, given her disability, it is not.

Ren Jiemei, of Haiyang, Shandong province, is a modern-day armless wonder who, like many before her, demonstrates skills that are seemingly impossible.

Ren is said to be able to thread a needle without fail and works quicker and better than all her fully limbed peers. She holds the needle with her right foot and threads it with her left.

"I was born without arms. So from childhood, I swore to myself that I'd use my feet to do everything," she told the Qilu Evening Post.

That everything includes eating, washing her face, combing her hair, drawing pictures and cutting paper....................


pic:
Quirky China News/Rex USA
Ren Jiemei, 65, of Haiyang, China, is so agile that she is able to do everything she needs to using just her feet. "I was born without arms. So from childhood I swore to myself that I'll use my feet to do all the jobs," she said.


via

No comments: