Monday, April 26, 2010

my new ink

s
e
o

as you may or may not know, when i got my knitting fairy tattoo, her shoes just would NOT heal. i eventually went to the doctor and he ended up having to make her shoe-less (check out her feet in the top picture). the fact i had just been tattooed was coincidental. it had NOTHING to do with the skin cancer. so it's been about a year and i got the go ahead from my doc to get her touched up. i made an appointment with pat macdonald (who did the original knitting fairy) and i told him i'd also like some stars around my lower arm (eventually the arm will be a sleeve). i'm not linking to pat's shop because he's going to a new one on may 5th. i believe he said he's going to west springfield (i know he said it's by the big e fairgrounds). when i get his new info, i'll post it.

anyway.................here's my NEW arm (and yeah, the knitting fairy as you can see if you look closely, is still shoeless. pat won't do it for at least another year. he said the skin had to heal even more. the ink would just spread around too much now and it would be a hot mess. so, i will just have to wait.)

i'm so very happy. i LOVE my pentagram. i love my stars, they're all different and i love my moon. thanks pat!

2 comments:

Ginga Squid said...

Love your art work/ink! Really beautiful - bet you can't wait to get those shoes done!
Weird how that happened? But indeed best to wait so they will be nice and crisply defined!

Unknown said...

oh gs, i waited a YEAR (well, almost) for mama's new shoes! the doc gave me the go ahead, but apparently he knows nada about tattoos because they (the inkers) want the collagen to get thicker.

stray, it IS a nice color (guess what my favorite color is?). however, it's all chipped and nasty. i'm just too lazy to re-do it. this weekend is the plan