Monday, February 1, 2010

i got myself an early birthday present







as soon as i saw this (i googled 'handspun art yarn') i KNEW i had to have it. it was ME. not only was it my favorite color, purple, it had little dolls spun RIGHT into it! i then looked at the rest of this woman's work and was absolutely, totally blown away. it knocked my socks off. so wicked cool, i couldn't believe it. unusual and diverse. spun yarns, felting, jewelry, beading, knit and crocheted clothing items.

i'm posting pictures of the yarn i bought. i asked if i could and i can. i didn't ask about anything else. i am begging you. please check out ALL of her work. you won't be sorry.



I have no idea what I’m going to make myself. It most likely will be a hat or neckwarmer. Any suggestions?

she's in new zealand (i don't want to see many places, that is one place i DO wish to see coincidentally) but really, the shipping was minimal

ginga squid website

ginga squid facebook

ginga squid blog

ginga squid flickr

ginga squid store at artfire (note, this is where i bought my yarn. i was unaware of her plain ol' ginga squid store - first link above. sooooooooooooooo, i don't know where it's better to buy from. email her. ask. i will next time. and yes, there WILL be a next time)

pics: courtesy of ginga squid

Technorati Tags:, ,
Generated By Technorati Tag Generator

No comments: