Thursday, June 16, 2011

altered fabric part iv

this was a prototype for a 'duct tape wallet' i am going to make for edwards. i gave him this one, but told him he'd be getting a better one. this one all stuck together. i have to come up with a way to make sure the fabric i made doesn't stick together (that's tricky because of the multiple coatings of acrylic gel medium - see part i of how i made it). the purple is the duct tape and the rest is my altered fabric. they were pictures of edwards and friends and items that will mean something to him.

soooooooooooo i think i found a way to prevent this from happening (the sticking together). after i give it a try, i'll post my findings

i very loosely based the style on this :

No comments: